Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One day at a time

Becky asked me to relay a story that I was remiss in blogging.

I think it was yesterday, yes a breakfast from Starbucks nothing to write home about. I walked out of my Pueblo style hotel, beside the interstate, to start another work day. Latter that afternoon Joe and I went for a great lunch at the El Patio which I mentioned before. He dropped me off at my hotel so I could brush my teeth and check my e-mails. I took the lobby elevator to my room placed my room key in the slot and got a red light, well I must have the card upside down, tried again, another red light. After about seven red lights I thought it best to let the front desk know that the battery was dead in the door lock. See this has happened to my Lovely Wife and I before. We were in Florida for the space shuttle launch and it was about three in the morning and the door to the room would not open. Three trips down to the front desk, a call to wake up and bring in a maintenance man and a whole new lock latter we got back into our room. So why think differently about this time. When I got to the front desk they informed me that I had checked out and they had packed my luggage for me. Yes there was my luggage and all my shoes, they thought it best not to put my shoes in the case with my freshly starched white shirts, which they folded and placed in my bag. How thoughtful. They informed me that my my reservation was only for one night and they needed my room. Well after informing them of their mistake they found the error of their ways and informed me that they would place everything as it was, four hours latter upon my return it was. My shirts were hung up, shoes on the floor and my stuff back in the bathroom. I don't know what was worse them packing my clothes or someone unpacking them.

Had a pretty good dinner at Season tonight, had the Asian ribs while talking to a shrink at the bar. Her speciality was addiction, has she finished her third glass of wine. I left as she was trying to share her desert with me. Sorry I don't eat sugar.

More to tell but but plan to get up early to finish my hikes at the Petroglyph National Park. Got one in before it got too dark to see the snakes, didn't see any but glad I remembered my flashlight. Again no one knew I was hiking there and it was pitch black. Thought it would be best to hike in the morning now.

May not inform you tomorrow night, I have been invited to the opening event at the museum. Thank God I brought proper attire.

2 comments:

23 Things @ the VHS said...

How was petroglyph park? Thanks for your travelogue. It makes for great reading. You're the talk of the VHS,
as always, of course!

The Mad Giggler said...

I cannot believe they packed and then unpacked your stuff! That would totally freak me out!